Thursday 3 February 2011

Our house now :)

Well, i have come quite far in the past 8 months. I will add the old photos to compare rooms, Personally im quite proud that i have managed to do this all by myself with looking after the three children.

Then
Hallway.
Now


 I need a new light shade and to paint the unit, thats at the top of the 'to do' list.


Then
Front room

Now

I painted the walls white after emptying the room, painted the 1920's fireplace with tile paint. had the chimney swept (best thing i ever did).
I absoutly love this room! would really like to strip the paper and paint the walls. maybe next year.

Then
Back room



There is still a large sofa in this room but it is used as the dining room/play room. I am obsessed with russian dolls the plastic floor covering is russian dool, and i have a small doll collection too ( I will be getting floating shelves for this room asap for my collection) The table and chairs are ikea (meltorp table the outer chairs are actually office chairs and cant remember what these are called and the middle one is ikea hermes. The mirror and curtains are also ikea. I decorated a plain white shade to make the russian doll and button light shade.


I didn't take a before photo of my bedroom but here is the after.
I will update the childrens rooms next week.


I LOVE it! it was so bad before, the wardrobes were that terrible 70's dark orangey wood and the walls were textured paper that was sort or beige and pastel coloured. Im looking for some gorgeous curtains, i haven't seen any that i love yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment